Good morning,
I wonder if anyone can help me?  I am currently writing a paper on childcare
vouchers salary sacrifice schemes.  One of the things that I would like to
assess is the possible level of take up for the scheme, to give some
indication of the resource implications.  I have approached several voucher
providers who say that it is difficult to judge this.  One such provider
said that around 10% of staff might be a reasonable figure to work on.
However, I have now spoken to several companies (including a couple of
Universities) which offer these to staff of children up to age 16, and the
take up rate seems to be surprisingly low. Could anyone comment on their own
experience of this?
Thanks in anticipation of your help.
Regards
Dawn Steel, Personnel Officer (Directorate Services),
The Open University