Dear All

I am pleased that some colleagues have taken the trouble to thank me
personally for sharing my 'hard work. I am glad that you found both the JMU
Policy and information guide on faiths useful.
I should have stated in my previous email that I undertook a 10 months
consultation with staff and students before finalising the Cultural and
Religious Diversity Policy.

However, please do care to update me when and how you decide to use the
documents within your institutions. Furthermore, please ensure that you
acknowledge JMU's contribution. I recently noticed that NATFHE's discussion
document 'discrimination on the grounds of religion or belief' had used
parts of the JMU policy as a model yet failed to acknowledge this! I have no
problems with any colleague in using any of the information provided as long
as some basic principle of honesty are applied.

Those colleagues that have written to me directly will in due course be
receiving replies.

Meanwhile, I wish you all a pleasant summer/ break if you're about to have
one.

Naseem

Naseem Anwar
Senior Adviser Equality & Policy Development
Liverpool John Moores University
The Mews
7 Roscoe Street
Liverpool