Hi Mary,
I would have thought a choice of mice and mouse emulators (joystick type)
would be helpful (often forgotten)- along with a screen-reader (I'm not sure
if a Welsh Language reader is available) my personal favourite is Keystone -
not least because it is compatible (as much as any two pieces of software)
with Dragon. (version 6 of both is the latest I think).  Both need some
training and it may be that people already have their own software at home
and would find different software difficult to get used to, but Dragon tends
to use the simplest and most natural language for function commands.
Users of speech input software like Dragon would have to establish their own
voice profile on the Library pc, which would be updated whenever they use
it, so the Library would have to have sufficient memory to store a number of
individual profiles and they can be very big files.  Also, the software
works best on the fastest cpu available and the biggest and fastest ram.

Magnification is likely to be needed but magnification software can
sometimes be incompatible with speech input and output if they are used
together. We have found with magnification that you need to keep it simple -
I think Lunar is one of the best (if it is still available) from Dolphin.

Sometimes it is sufficient just to be able to slow down the mouse movement -
Logitech is good for this and they incorporate a range of large and or
coloured mouse pointers - or it may simply be a case of staff swapping text
and background colours

hope this is useful

Vin West
Secretary, Arfon Access Group