The suggestion has been made to me by an overseas participant that poor scoring performance in this UK NEQAS may influence the results of salary negotiations. Personally I am appalled by this possibility; and I would like to reiterate to all: that

1. This UK NEQAS is a pilot and is still under development;
2. Ths scoring process for comments is experimental and will inevitably be refined;
3. The primary purpose of this UK NEQAS is educational; and
4. POOR PERFORMANCE IS SOLELY DEFINED AS PARTICIPATION IN LESS THAN 50% OF POSSIBLE CASES.

I hope this clarifies the position.

Gordon Challand
Scheme Organiser