Also depends on the type of tube, cap, volume of sample and volume of the tube.

For example 0.5 mL of a 10.0 mmol/L glucose solution in a 5 mL polystyrene tube will concentrate (say 12 mmol/L after 6 months very approx) and the water will presumably collect on the inside of the freezer.

The real answer is the sample is best preserved in the patient.

Good luck

Trevor Walmsley

"We tortured the data until it confessed."

Trevor Walmsley, Canterbury Health Labs, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Phone: (0064 3) 364 0326 Fax:Phone: (0064 3) 364 0320
eMail: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.cdhb.govt.nz/chlabs/staff/trevorw.htm

>>> Sofia De Llano <[log in to unmask]> 7/5/02  11:54 pm >>>
Will someone provide a reference or a table or something summarizing
stability of common serum parameters at  -20 (and -70?? that'll be great).
Reactive leaflets not always have this info and I need to write down an SOP
. I work with animals and have been searching this topic on the web without
success. I guess human data will be ok for this very common parameters
(Glucose, chol, tryg, bun, uric, creat, got, alp, gpt, NA-K...).

Thanks for any help,

Sofia de llano

<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sofia de Llano Iribarnegaray
Toxicología
Departamento de Investigación
FAES FARMA
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web: www.faes.es
<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ACB Web Site
http://www.acb.org.uk
List Archives
List Instructions (How to leave etc.)
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/

** This email and attachments have been scanned for content and viruses
and is believed to be clean **

This email or attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s).
Any use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message,
except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message,
including any attachments. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of Canterbury
District Health Board