What generation of TNT reagent was used in these papers?

The generation 2 TNT did respond markedly to skeletal forms of TNT and the current generation 3 is more specific for cardiac TNT.

In our experience with generation 3 TNT is the only false positive TNT results are from renal patients.

cheers

"We tortured the data until it confessed."

Trevor Walmsley, Canterbury Health Labs, Christchurch, New Zealand.
Phone: (0064 3) 364 0326 Fax:Phone: (0064 3) 364 0320
eMail: [log in to unmask]
Internet: http://www.cdhb.govt.nz/chlabs/staff/trevorw.htm

>>> "Firth, Gary" <[log in to unmask]> 21/3/02  5:04 am >>>
Whilst putting together a presentation on troponin T for our medical staff I
have come across several papers that indicate that Troponin T (but rarely I)
is raised in some cases of polymyositis and dermatomyositis.
The suggestion made in at least one paper (Clin Chim Acta 2001; 306:27) is
that this may be due to release of cTnT from skeletal muscle. Does anyone
have any evidence to support or refute this suggestion or is this indeed the
exception that proves the rule?
Gary Firth
Princess Royal Hospital
Sussex