Dear Jan
We also use the Bayer Elite XL on our NICU. however in the past we have
encountered discrepancies between whole blood measurement on the same sample
between the XL and YSI2300.
Prior to this reply I just re-read the literature supplied by Bayer with the
XL. To my astonishment I found a recommendation in one user guide "NOT to
use the system for testing Neonates" and in a second guide, updated 6months
later stating that the XL is the "only system qualified for neonatal use"
(point 2, page 26 Glucometer Elite XL User guide). No literature reference
provided.
I would also be interested to know what samples you use in your EQA

Yours Sincerely
Chris Hopkins

Christine Hopkins
Point of Care Co-ordinator