CAP has an i-STAT EQA. That is the only one of which I am aware.

Chris Budgen (Mr)
POCT Coordinator
Canterbury Health Laboratories
Christchurch
New Zealand
Internal ext. 81850
DDI: 03 364 1850
Cell phone: 025 973 645
email: [log in to unmask]
===========================

>>> [log in to unmask] 27/08/02 20:16:41 >>>
Does anyone have experience with monitoring IQC and EQA on i-Stats in POCT
areas?  And if so, what EQA programmes are you registered with?  We are
currently registered on the RIQAS clinical chemistry scheme (for Na, K, Cl,
Urea and Glucose) on i-Stats in our Medium Security Infections Disease Unit
but are having problems comparing our performance as there are no other
i-Stat users registered in the scheme.  I have also enquired with NEQAS
about their general chemistry scheme but have found there are no i-Stat
users registered on their scheme either at the moment.

Many thanks for your help

Andy Kerry
QA Officer
Department of Clinical Biochemistry
The Royal Free Hospital
London

Tel: 020 7794 0500 Ex. 8856

** This email and attachments have been scanned for content and viruses
and is believed to be clean **

This email or attachments may contain confidential or legally
privileged information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s).
Any use, redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message,
except as intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error,
please notify the sender and remove all copies of the message,
including any attachments. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of Canterbury
District Health Board