Iodide sensitivity

We have a patient here who is allergic to topical iodine (an effect well documented in the literature). However she is also convinced that she is sensitive to foods with a high iodine content. I was very sceptical about this, however I have found one recent reference in the literature ('Iodine allergy induced by high consumption of iodine-containing food'. Contact Dermatitis , 2000, 42(5), 286-7)

I am still awaiting the full article, but would be interested to hear if anyone else has had experience of this and how they would recommend testing for this.

Many thanks
Gary Firth
Princess Royal Hospital
Sussex