An obstetrician has just enquired if there is a quick reliable biochemical (or other) test that could be used in possible PROM (premature rupture of membrane) cases. They had a lady who came in with a container of fluid, she thought she had PROM  at 23/40 but there was no obvious liquid in the vagina. They thought it probably was PROM and tried an induction which failed and she later delivered normally at 38/40.  We don't do AFP on site so I'm looking for something routinely available - quick/easy/RELIABLE to distinguish amniotic fluid from urine.  TP? creat? (fetal urine contributes how much to amniotic fluid, depending on gestation?)  HELP please. Looked on internet but nothing sprang out at me.  Any suggestions gratefully received.  THanks, Sue Walker, Salisbury UK.