-----Original Message-----
From: owner-poct [mailto:owner-poct]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 12:51 PM
To: cwebste1

A colleague informs me that you can now get kits to
"find out your blood group" in Boots. Why?? Are they
going into the DIY transfusion service? Also PSA kits
- presumably no counselling before you buy, no advice
on the implications of a positive and the false sense
of security if the test is negative. Does anyone else
feel that some form of regulation should be required
before such potentially dangerous kits are let loose
on the general public?

Jan

=====
<P>Mrs. Jan Still,</P>
<P>POCT Manager,</P>
<P>Watford General Hospital,</P>
<P>Watford, Herts.</P>
<P>WD18 0HB&nbsp; Tel - 01923-217998.</P>
<P>The views expressed in this document are entirely personal and do not
reflect the official policy of West Herts NHS Hospitals Trust.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>