Janice - have a look at:

The portable laboratory: an evaluation of the accuracy and
reproducibility of i-STAT
Bingham, Kendall and Clancy
Ann Clin Biochem (1999) vol 36 pp66-71

and

Watson & van Heyningen:  letter on outcomes in POCT in A&E
Ann Clin Biochem (1999) vol 36 p531

> Both actually. Have seen a report from States "The
> rise and fall of i-Stat referring to clinically
> discrepant pCO2 values.

Dr MJ Pearson
Department of Clinical Biochemistry & Immunology
Old Medical School
Leeds General Infirmary (Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust)
LEEDS LS1 3EX

Tel 0113 392 3945
Fax 0113 233 5672

http://www.leedsteachinghospitals.com