There is no problem with dimensions here, but lots of
chances for confusion!

As Henry rightly shows, volume is length cubed (L^3).
But the dimensions in each case are M x L(-3) x T(-1)
(M/L^3/T, more easily thought of as: mass or moles per
volume per hour).

There is room for confusion in fact that the dimension L
(length) looks the same as volume L (Litres), and that the
order of hours and litres in the units are swapped around.

So: Forgetting all that, the simple conversion is to take
nmol/h/L and multiply by the molecular weight of the renin
substrate used (nmol to ng) and divide by 1000 ('per L' to
'per mL'). This gives ng/mL/h (=ng/h/mL).

John Duley
Purine Research Laboratory
Guy's Hospital
London SE1 9RT  (GB)