From: Gray Malcolm [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 16 July 2002 16:23
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: POCT in critical care

It sounds to me that we should all make to effort to get involved with our
critical care colleagues by actually going to where they are, rather than
staying in the lab and moaning about lack of contact or consultation. There
are critical care networks in most trusts, so it shouldn't be too difficult
to find out who is already part of it. How many of us are actively involved
with our critical care colleagues?

I have to say that we only found out about the modernisation project and
critical care because we were invited by one of our ITUs to be part of an
audit on result turnaround times and improved patient care/bed usage. There
is an event being held in October (15/16th in Birmingham) titled "NHS
Modernisation Agency Critical Care Programme Annual National Sharing Event"
A good place to network with the great and the good from critical care
networks, and the event is paid for by the Modernisation Agency Critical
Care Programme. See the "Events" section from the URL in Doug's message
below.

Malcolm Gray
St. Bartholomew's Hospital