I would have thought that the potential risk of a positive opiates test due
to cross-reactivity of the test with, for example, OTC codeine (as in
solpadeine etc) would be of serious concern if the test result is going to
be a direct determinant of subsequent treatment.

With regard to the cut-off concentration, what do the respective
manufacturers calibrate their devices against?

Regards,
Simon.

Dr Simon Walker

Medscreen Ltd, Harbour Quay, Prestons Road, London E14 9PH.
Tel: 020 7712 8000
Fax: 020 7712 8001
Fax to desk: 0870 400 5757