David wrote
I usually use symantec, but tried www.mcafee.com <http://www.mcafee.com>
today. Had this one listed at the top right corner as a high risk virus.
http://www.mcafee.com/anti-virus/viruses/bugbear/
<http://www.mcafee.com/anti-virus/viruses/bugbear/>  ... if anyone is
interested

Alas its too late for me.

I foolishly let my Norton free virus library update service run out in
August and missed the bugbear def. I purchased Norton 2003 antivirus today,
and guess what, the virus scan bombs out halfway through. This another
charming little feature of the bugbear. You can get round it though by
downloading a cleaner from symatec at
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2002051609330106?OpenDocu
ment&src=eu_hot&prod=Norton%20AntiVirus&ver=2003%20for%20Windows%202000/Me/9
8/XP&stg=2&base=http://www.symantec.com/region/reg_eu/techsupp/nav/&next=nav
_2003_search_other.html&sone=nav_2003_tasks.html&tpre=eu

The important thing to remember is to restart windows in safe mode and
disable the system backup option before cleansing otherwise it just returns
again.

Cheers John O'Connor
This E-Mail is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If you receive this E-Mail in error, please notify the sender and do not
copy or take any action reliant on it. The views within this message are,
unless stated, not necessarily the views or policies of East Sussex
Hospitals NHS Trust, Bexhill & Rother or Hastings & St Leonards Primary Care
Trusts.

You can visit our Trust Website at http://www.esh.nhs.uk