Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:33:47 -0400
To: [log in to unmask]
From: [log in to unmask] (Chris/Andrea Cooke)
Subject: question about qualifications

Dear Ms. Rolf:
Currently I am earning a Masters in Library Science in the United States
and am employed
at a primary school working with children with Autism. I will be moving to
Scotland in the
next couple of years (my husband is a U.K. citizen). I have been assured by
CILIPS in
London that my degree will be recognized  but am still not sure what the
different
specializations are for librarians in the U.K. In New York State, where I
live, school
librarians must have the MLS degree as well as further coursework in
education and are
certified by the state of New York. How does one become a school librarian
in Scotland?
Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.
Sincerly,

Andrea Cooke