re:Maps and Records of Tobago

Sorry to bother everyone with this.

We've had a query here at the Foreign Office regarding estates and plantations on Tobago formerly owned by British subjects. The specific request is for copies of maps in the scale of 1:25000 or less from the time before 1963.

We've had to draw a blank as far as our map collection is concerned, and the PRO hasn't been able to help us with this one either.

We've been wondering whether any archives exist from C18th and C19th linked to the wealthy British families who owned these plantations. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding where we could track down such archives?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Rachel

Rachel Power
Public and Historical Enquiries Team
Library and Information Services
Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Tel: 020 7270 3618
Fax: 020 7270 3270

Please note that all messages sent and received by members of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and its missions overseas may be monitored centrally.
This is done to ensure the integrity of the system.