I went to see 9.11 this afternoone, has anyone seen this morsel?  Ken
Loach´s offering was worthy but dull, Sean Penn´s eventless, predictable,
the Israeli one predictable, the Iranian one interesting for some of the
beautiful Iranscapes, the French one quite imaginative, the Japanese one
looked the best but I had to leave in the middle of it.  Does anyone else
feel that it is unfair to emphasize this event, when the deaths of so many
at the hands of the US still remain untrumpeted.   That´s the trouble when
´leaders´ create ´wars´, real ´enemies´ can´t expect much sympathy or
empathy, even when they happen to be bystanders, but then ´no one is
innocent´ (did Sartre say this, I read it recently on a Sex Pistols cover -
I re-invested in this to great effect).   Another thing, I read a savaging
of Forrest Gump by Slavoj Zizek, any thoughts on this article or film? PM