Supporting the Professional Development of Teachers

9th December 12.00- 5.00 at the University of Oxford, Department of  Educational Studies  15 Norham Gardens Oxford OX2 6PY.

£47 (incl. VAT) – book with Judy Reading Librarian at the above address or [log in to unmask] or tel. 01865-274028.  Places limited.

This event will focus on ways that Librarians can support the professional development of teachers through provision of appropriate resources and guidance in the use of those resources.  Dr Hazel Hagger will start the session by speaking on key issues from the teacher’s perspective and then Judy Reading will talk about the services and resources provided for teachers at the University of Oxford.  After these presentations we shall set up workshops to discuss the issues, to look at specific resources and share the expertise of those attending.  It is hoped that this seminar will be suitable for all librarians who wish to establish or develop provision for practising teachers.

One outcome we hope for is some kind of ELG guidance document as to the sort of Library resources which need to be made available to teachers, and the funding implications for the provision of such resources, which we can send to organisations which promote and fund the continuing professional development of teachers.
--
Judy Reading, Librarian
University of Oxford, Department of Educational Studies
15 Norham Gardens, Oxford OX2 6PY
tel: 01865-274028  fax: 01865-274027