Dear all,
please distribute among your colleagues:

We are selecting a visiting researcher to work in our project SISCOT
(Integrated System for Traffic Simulation, Control and Optimization).
This is a interdisciplinary project (Art. Intelligence, Traffic Eng. and
Physics) aiming at building a tool for traffic simulation supported by
microscopic models based on cellular automata (Nagel-Schreckenberg
model), by intelligent driver modelling via agent technology and
application in real traffic scenarios.

This project is being conducted at the University of Rio Grande do Sul
(UFRGS), in Porto Alegre, Brazil, a well known place for its research
work in the 3 areas above. The financial support depends on the
qualification of the applicant.

Specifically, this research position is to be filled with a person with
some background in AI and / or multiagent systems. Researchers with
background in discrete simulation and / or traffic simulation and
control can also be considered.

The candidate must have a PhD degree (or finishing her/his Phd) in areas
related to the project, availability to  live in Brazil for the duration
of the grant (6 to 36 months), and dedication to research activities (no
teaching duties although this can be agreed if desired).

If you are interested, please send a short notice by *Jan. 20th*
(include Vitae  and availability in 2002 please) so that we can proceed
with the necessary steps (actual begin of the fellowship can be anytime
in 2002).

More information on the project can be found (but not updated :-(  in
the page of a related project (SOCIAT):

www.inf.ufrgs.br/~bazzan/sociat.html

ana bazzan

--
Ana Lucia Cetertich Bazzan, PhD
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul  -  Instituto de Informatica

     The relationship between the teaching and research is the same as
     between the confession and sin: if you have not sinned, then you
     have nothing to confess!         (anonymous)