I spoke to Nola Ishmail, DOH, regarding a funding issue a year or so ago,
trying to get the government to fund posts that are a cross between the
school nurse and occupational health in the Further Education Sector as
there is a huge gap here (noted specifically over the Meningitis Vaccination
campaign).

Her advice was to write a 1 side A4 paper outlining the proposal, impact and
rationale and forward it to the DOH for consideration.

A baby and a course later I still havent got round to it, so can't comment
on whether this works or not, but I am talking to the Learning Skills
Council, Department for Education and Skills in a fortnight to tackle my
issue again, perhaps we can all put the A4 paper together for the DOH !

Amanda Dowson