Kelly's History of public libraries, (2nd ed. 1977) gives dates of adoption
and opening in Appendix 3.

Bob Snape

Standard Disclaimer:This message is confidential.  You should not copy it or
disclose its contents excepting cases where you may have to pass it within
your organisation to someone better equipped to deal with the content.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore Myerscough College does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.  Any views
or opinions presented are only those of the author and not those of
Myerscough College.  If this email has come to you in error please delete it
and any attachments.  Please note that Myerscough College may intercept
incoming and outgoing e-mail communications.