Dear Sandra and others,

At Leeds we use the checkin record to add a holdings statement (in the 843)
of which years we have available, usually in the form:

"Available electronically, 1997-"

or sometimes with further notes and instructions if the link doesn't go
directly to the title.

We also indicate if we do not hold a print copy:

"Electronic version, 1997-.  No print copy held in University of Leeds
Library."

or if there is no print copy available:

"Electronic version only, 1997-.  No print copy available."

As far as maintaining and checking goes, we try to check at least once a
year whether coverage has gone any further back, otherwise we are dependent
on a reader or a team librarian noticing changes.

We do not at the moment 'receive' electronic issues so we do not note when
new issues have been added to a site.

For further info, our catalogue is at http://lib1.leeds.ac.uk/.

Louise

Louise Cole