Dear all,

Here at Leeds we have recently signed up to the Springer NESLI deal, and as
part of this deal we have access to the various monograph series online
(eg: Lecture Notes in Computer Science).  I'd be interested to hear whether
anyone else who has signed up to this deal is considering creating
catalogue records for these?

At present we catalogue all of the printed volumes that we receive
individually, under their separate titles.  It would be a huge job for us
to add links to the online version from each catalogue record, especially
as it isn't always clear which volumes are available online.  However, our
users tend to look for them by individual title, so may miss out on the
online access if we don't add the links.

This raises a wider issue for us about the cataloguing of electronic
monographs, which is likely to become a bigger issue in the future,
especially if we sign up to any of the ebooks packages currently
available.  I'm aware that Netlibrary offer electronic MARC records, but do
any of the other suppliers offer these?

Has anyone considered these issues or come up with any solutions that
they'd be willing to share?

Thanks,

Tracey

Tracey Stanley