Dear List members

I hope this is of interest to you all and perhaps some of your students.
Any help would be much appreciated in the promotion of this wonderful
program and please don't hesitate to contact me directly with any
additional queries.

Many thanks

Richard

Richard M C Walton
Global Vision International
www.gvi.co.uk

Internships with the South African National Parks Board

Global Vision International (GVI) is urgently seeking enthusiastic
Volunteers to participate in this high profile Volunteer program. Working
in conjunction with the South African National Parks Board GVI is seeking
committed, independent and enthusiastic Volunteers to work at the 18
National Parks of South Africa. They will undertake and develop
environmental education and community development projects aimed at
integrating the local communities in conservation efforts and development
programs.

Volunteers will be working alongside social ecologists on various projects
in and around parks. Parks include the world renowned Kruger National Park
and coastal parks such as Knysna and the Kalahari. Volunteers will live
within these beautiful landscapes, from wild savannahs to mountains and
costal plateaus. Wildlife is abundant and cultural interaction is key. All
Volunteers will have accommodation in the parks, the majority of which
have electricity and running water. Full training is given, encompassing a
2 week Ranger Training course at the Kruger National Park. Volunteers must
be over 21 and pass a selection process aimed at recruiting the best
Volunteers for this high profile, unique project.

We are looking for Volunteers who have skills in any of the following
areas; resource management, environmental education and presentation,
youth education, environmental Sciences, zoology, botany, media design and
park / organisational management.

Interested parties should view the program online at
http://www.gvi.co.uk/africaparks.htm or email [log in to unmask] for more
information.

Many thanks

Richard