From: Philip Pothen [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 06 August 2002 17:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CILIP Corporate Plan and Services Survey

Dear Diversity List members,

CILIP has recently sent out its draft corporate plan for
comment and part of the consultation it is undertaking in
relation to this is a Services Survey designed to gain
feedback from the CILIP membership about what CILIP's
priorities should be in the next few years.

This is an important opportunity for the membership to
influence the future direction of CILIP, and I would
strongly urge list members to read the corporate plan, and
to respond to it along with the services survey. I will be
responding on behalf of the Diversity Council,
but individuals should make their responses to this
document too, a document which will inform much of what
CILIP will be doing in the years to come.

The consultation period is a very short one (responses are
due by August 16th); nevertheless, the corporate plan makes
some important references to diversity, inclusiveness, etc.
that make it particularly important that as many us as can
should attempt to influence the future direction of the new
professional body. For those who have not yet received
these documents in the post or who are not CILIP members,
information can be found at:

http://www.cilip.org.uk/about/corporateplan/index.html

On another tack, I heard yesterday that the application to
form a Diversity Group within CILIP has passed its initial
hurdles and will go before CILIP's Policy Committee in
October.

All the best,

Philip Pothen
Chair - Diversity Council