Hi everyone

I would like to find out what other HEIs are doing regarding the above.  We
are thinking of utilising postgrad level support workers to proof read
dyslexic student's work.  Before we decide if we are definitely going to
push forward we have several issues we need to resolve.  These are: (1) do
other HEIs feel that a minimum of postgrad qualification is appropriate to
carry out this role (2) what hourly rate is appropriate and (3) the kind of
feedback the proof reader would need to give the student, i.e. one-to-one
or via written notes.  Obviously there are time implications with feedback
and the resultant payment to the proof reader.

I would be really grateful if you could share your Institutional practice.

Carol

Carol Doyle
Accessible Curriculum Development Advisor
Disability Department  UWIC
Western Avenue  Cardiff  CF15 2YB
Tel: 02920 416170
Email: [log in to unmask]