"Dick Hendrickson" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Personally, I think it's better for compilers to detect loss of
> precision
> in expressions and assignments and give a reasonably high level
> warning about it.

I've always recommended that KIND-less literals, when used
in mixed KIND operations, should cause a warning message
to be issued.  As well as KIND-less literals used as the deciding
argument for generic procedures (whether user defined or intrinsic),
KIND-less literals used as arguments to procedures that have no
interface, and KIND-less literals used as list items in an unformatted
write.

--
J. Giles