As most of you will be aware, Resource has commissioned the NCA to
undertake a review of recruitment, training and leadership in the archive
sector. I have been appointed as consultant for the review, which is being
conducted by the Department of Information Studies at Sheffield University.

I would like to draw your attention to a questionnaire which is being sent
out to a cross section of archives/records management services across the
UK, and is designed to give us the initial data we need to start the
review. I hope that those who receive the questionnaire will complete it
and return it to us. If anyone did not get a copy, and would like to take
part, then let me know, and I will forward a copy to you. However,please be
assured there will be opportunities for everyone who wants to, to
contribute, through focus groups. I will keep everyone up to date when we
organise these.

The questionnaire went out by e-mail, and by post to those who do not have
an e-mail address.

If there are any questions you can contact me at my Sheffield University e-
mail, which is:

This is a major review of the needs of the sector, and I hope that you will
be able to find the time to complete the questionnaire and help the review
team.

Thank you

Margaret Turner