From: Peadar McGing [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 10:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: ckmb

Dear colleagues,
As a general rule Afro-Caribbeans have higher Total CK values than
Caucasians (up to twice the levels is what we quote) with other
non-Caucasians having intermediate values.
I have found references in relation to the above but not in respect of
isoenzymes.
Would anyone have any information on CK-MB levels in these different
ethnic groups?
If Total CK is higher then a similar MB fraction would give a higher MB
mass (or activity) level!

All help appreciated (and thanks again for all help in the past).

Peadar McGing.

--
Dr Peadar McGing,
Principal Biochemist,