    From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Cc: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
    Date: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 12:14 AM
    Subject: Re: Abdulla/Abdul/Ameer/Amir

    In a message dated 04/12/01 3:16:20 PM GMT Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

    (For the ornithological followers of this exchange)
        Bulbul = Nightingale in Persian (Luscinia  golzii)

    Ah, Michael!
    You have brought us full circle to Kipling again, who wrote of Ahasuerus Jenkins
    of the 'Operatic Own' who
                                         '...eternally did sing.
    He warbled like a bul-bul, but particularly at
     Cornelia Agrippina, who was musical and fat.'

    ('Army Headquarters', DD&OV)

    But it was an interesting diversion.

    Yours Roger

    Roger Ayers
    Honorary Membership Secretary,
    The Kipling Society, 295 Castle Road, Salisbury, SP3 3SB, England