Here are the quotations for next week (December 30th to January 5th):

1. 'He told me' he said suddenly, ' that my home address was Jerusalem. You
heard that ?'
'But it was the tone - the tone,' Olyett cried.
.' "Is that a dressing-gown or an ulster you're supposed to be wearing ?"
You heard that ?."And I suppose you hadn't time to brush your hair either ?"
You heard that?.Now you hear !' His voice filled the coffee-room, then
dropped to a whisper as dreadful as a surgeon's before an operation...

2. Mrs Bellamy opened the window and spoke. It appears that she had only
charged for damage to the bicycle, not for the entire machine which Mr
Lingnam was ruthlessly gleaning, spoke by spoke, from the highway, and
cramming into the slack of the hood.
At last he answered, and I have never seen a man foam at the mouth before.
'If you don't stop, I shall come into your house - in this car - and drive
upstairs and - kill you !'...

3. ...The stuff was getting in its work. Bluey, white, and blue again rolled
over the navvy's face in waves, till all settled to one rich clay-bank
yellow, and - that fell which fell.
I thought of the blowing up of Hell Gate; of the geysers in Yellowstone
Park; of Jonah and his whale; but the lively original, as I watched it
foreshortened from above, exceeded all these things.His right hand was upon
the doctor's collar, so that the two shook to one paroxysm, pendulums
vibrating together, while I, apart, shook with them...

The sources of this week's quotations (December 23rd to 29th) were as
follows:

1. ( (he) braced his back against the bulge of the red earthenware to hold
down the head.) This is from 'Rikki-Tikki-Tavi' in 'The Jungle Book'.

2. (From time to time a greenish wave of the Northern Lights would roll
across the hollow of the high heavens.) This is from 'Quiquern' in 'The
Second Jungle Book'.

3. (...he wanted to scratch, but that made it worse..) This is from 'How the
Rhino got his Skin' in 'The Just-so Stories'.

Happy New Year to everyone, John R