Graeme,

I don't think I expressed myself clearly first time round, and maybe I have a misconceived idea about what real science is/means.

I was saying that science means knowledge, whereas we use the word to mean our particular disciplines of chemistry, biology, physics etc.  i was coming from the view of science meaning knowledge therefore if that knowledge really is true, then it would be the same whether it was stated by a podiatrist, physiotherapist, orthopaedic surgeon, witch doctor or chiropractor etc.

What I was getting at was just picking up on someones comment (forgot who's) when tey spoke about various professions each speaking their own science.  I was trying to point out that there could (in theory) be no difference in truth (eg the heart has 4 chambers, no question) no matter what type of person says that truth.  When a 'cowboy' therapist spouts off what he/she thinks is the truth, then if it is truth, there is no problem, but if it is wrong then it will contradict truth (obviously).

I hope that makes me clear, although I'mstarting to have my doubts.

Andrew