The first port of call might be:

David Knowles and R. Neville Hadcock, _Medieval Religious Houses..._
which is in the form of the directory which is sought.  It would be as
well to use the most recent edition available to you.  The one problem
is that much research has refined the dates of foundation and
affiliations since Knowles/Hadcock and in some cases it is necessary to
look at more recent work on particular houses/orders.

And on this point, might I ask if anyone would be interested in a
conference on new research into the relations between religious houses
and the laity.  I'd be happy to organise one in Leicester if there is
interest.  I have a list of names of people whom I should approach, but
I throw the idea out to this list as well.

Dave Postles

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]