With regard to the query about electoral registers, we have not yet been
denied a copy of the register, however we have had difficulties in obtaining
copies for some of our smaller branches. The Electoral Registration
department seem to be more reluctant to give us copies. I suspect it's to do
with the changes in law, on how the register is compiled and updated.

We have already instituted a strict rule, no photocopying, no note taking
(people may only refer to their own entry), and the register must be used at
an enquiry desk, in front of a member of staff. This has made it difficult
for us when the library is busy.

I too would be interested in hearing whether other libraries have had
problems getting copies, or dealing with electoral registers.

Lucy Cross
Service Development Manager (Information and Adult Learning), Royal Borough
of Kensington and Chelsea
Central Library
Phillimore Walk, London
W8 7RX
Tel: 020 7361 3123
Fax: 020 7361 2976

The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

This e-mail may contain information which is confidential, legally
privileged and/or copyright protected. This e-mail is intended for the
addressee only. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from your computer.