Dear Iain,

We can help on two of your Manchester maps - details as follows:

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001 15:25:44 +0000 Iain Taylor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I am attempting to track library locations of some early
> large scale town plans which do not appear to be held at the
> BL.  I'd be grateful of any info. on copies (or variants)
> and their whereabouts.
>
> • Plan of Manchester & Salford with their environs...
> Bancks & Co., 1831? 18 sheets?
> Reproduced 1982?

Our version is a single sheet folded into 36 panels.
The shelfmark is:
	C17:70 Manchester d. 2

> • A Plan of Manchester and Salford drawn from actual
> survey...
> W. Green, 1794? 18 sheets? Scale 60 yards to one inch.
> Reproduced 1982.

Our version consists of 9 sheets, bound into a large volume,
which also contains maps of Lancashire (Yates / Faden, 1800);
Liverpool (Perry, 1769); Lincolnshire (Armstrong, 1794, 1778);
Middlesex (Rocque, 1757, 1754); and London (Faden, 1785).
The shelfmark is:
	C17 a. 6

> Dr Iain C. Taylor
> Visiting Research Prof.
> John Moores U., Liverpool.

I hope this lot helps.

With best wishes,
Nick Millea

* PLEASE NOTE NEW TELEPHONE NUMBER *

Nick Millea
Map Librarian, Bodleian Library, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BG
tel       : 01865 287119
fax      : 01865 277139
email : [log in to unmask]

homepage: http://www.bodley.ox.ac.uk/guides/maps/