Dear Ron & Iain,

Thanks for your replies. It is useful background info.  The material
that I have appears to consist mainly of prewar maps showing military
camps, training areas and aerodromes, they all appear to have
individual GSGS numbers.  I am working on the assumption that the
cooperation between military cartographers in Canada and Britain,
ran to their not using the same numbers for GSGS series, thus it
should be safe to use GSGS as a series entry.

Thanks,

Huw

Huw Thomas
Assistant Curator
Adran Darluniau a Mapiau /
Department of Pictures and Maps
Llyfrgell Genedlaethol Cymru /
National Library of Wales
ABERYSTWYTH
Ceredigion SY23 3BU

Ffon / Tel:   +44-1970-632800 ext.990 (via switchboard)
ebost / email: [log in to unmask]
Y We / WWW: http://www.llgc.org.uk

Nid yw'r neges hon o angenrheidrwydd yn adlewyrchu barn LlGC
This message does not necessarily reflect the opinion of NLW