This may be useful.

Priestley SJ, Taylor J, McAdam CM, Francis P. Ketamine sedation for children
in the emergency department. Emergency Medicine; 13: 82-90. 2001.

Paul Middleton
Melbourne

Ray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We've got 461 children on the database now, but the cases are slowing down
now because children don't rush around as fast when its cold.

Yes, the results are good in that using 2 to 2.5 mg'kg with local
anaesthetic we have not had any airway problems. Vomiting still occurs
though between 5 - 10% either in recovery or at home. Perhaps our incidence
is still high because we are following up most parents by post then phone.

My colleague, Stuart Durham used Ketamine on the child of one of our
Consultant Physicians this week and I've used it on children of an ITU
Consultant (x2) and a Consultant Surgeon. So our local colleagues seem
happy.

Hope to get the results of 500 published next year. I'm convinced by the
safety profile now, so the Staff Grades (with training) are using it in our
Minor Injury Unit at Kendal.

Regards

Ray McGlone
Lancaster