There is nothing new in any of the following:

Sedation/analgesia in A/E
Ketamine use in A/E
Regional anaesthesia in A/E (my pet topic!)
Propofol use in A/E
Hectoring from anaesthetists railing against us good folk and our good
work.

As we move away from an SHO delivered specialty towards 24hour
experienced senior cover, it is quite possible for many departments to
offer the above services (less item 5)

There is plenty of data out there and plenty of experience in many
departments.

We should call upon our Faculty to tell the Royal College of
Anaesthetists that as they do not regularly practice items 1 to 3 they
should stick to what they know (general anaesthesia) and let us regulate
our own practice in peace. Alternatively, they should offer a national
24 hour service in all hospitals with 100% support and availability.

Now that would raise the Faculty immensely in my estimation.

--
Stephen Hughes SpR Anything & Everything NE Thames