From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2001 3:31 PM
Subject: Re: plantar fascia,

correct. It is largely non-elastic and that's why we get the irritation at the attachments. It is precisely at that weak point/tissue interface that I am referring to when I mean and in commas "tighten up". Perhaps I should say seize up somewhat with the products of repair mechanisms. I cannot see how taping a calcaneous into supination could help anything. This sounds like trying to shift the pain rather than the problem?

Surely some aspects of this are individual genetics, some are training issues, some diet. Biomechanics about the subtalar and midtarsal joint should be examined,. The role of soleus during gait (eccentrically) should be examined as should hip joint rotation throughout stance and pelvic stability at heal strike. One may speculate that this individual lacks internal hip joint rotation either in supine or at 90 degress hip flexion (compare it to the opposite side). Lack of hip extension or a decrease in dorsiflexion will also cause an increased strain on the plantar fascia.

Any more ideas?