If "stola" is a priest's stole, read on. If not,
as pristine as anyone's.
The Met Museum in NY has a picture of Saint Bernard
doing something pernicious to the devil with his stole
and I "believe" Saint Marcel is also depicted or
described as holding back a dragon with his stole. If
anyone wants further elucidation, let me know. I can
probably dig up the sources for these trivia.
MG