Now let me have a crack at answering my own
question: can it have to do witdoes saintly specialization relate to the rise
of guilds? presumably you cant have a patron
saint of miners, weavers, etc. until you
have a group that identifies themselves
with their occupation.
have any of the learned list members looked
into this?
meg