Apologies for cross-posting.

The Language of Fashion / Fashioning Language
One-Day Symposium to be held at the University of Aberdeen, Saturday
23rd March 2002

From 18th-24th March 2002, a trio of prominent young Austrian
artists, Astrid Becksteiner (video artist), Lisa D. (fashion
designer) and Petra Gangelbauer (writer) will be in residence at the
University of Aberdeen, working on a collaborative project on
'Clothing'. Both individually and collectively, they will be
reflecting on the multiple meanings of 'clothing' in their particular
medium, and will present the results of their work in a performance
to take place on Saturday 23rd March 2002 as part of a one-day
symposium on 'The Language of Fashion / Fashioning Language'.

We now invite proposals for papers that creatively engage with the
title of the symposium. In selecting papers, we will seek to
facilitate a cross-cultural, cross-temporal and cross-disciplinary
approach.
Possible topics include:
… Writing Fashion
… Display and Disguise
… Fashioning the Self
… Fashion and Social Theory
… Text as Clothing
… Writing on the Body
… Clothing as Projection Surface

Proposals for 30-minute papers, accompanied by a 200-word abstract,
should be sent (preferably by email) to:

Dr Janet Stewart
Dept. of German
Taylor Building
University of Aberdeen