Dear Catherine,

Details on infringement proceedings can be found on the Commission Sec Gen's
page ("infraction" is French for infringement) - a list of useful sites is
set out below.  These are proceedings initiated by the Commission against a
Member State for failure to fulfill Treaty obligations pursuant to Article
226 (ex 169) of the EC Treaty.  These include proceedings relating to
failure to correctly implement Directives or implement Directives within the
prescribed time limits.

"ABC of Community law" explains infringement proceedings (from page 85
onwards):
http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/about/abc_en.pdf

The Commission's Secretariat General contains miscellaneous information
relating to on-going and recent Article 226 proceedings:
http://europa.eu.int/comm/secretariat_general/sgb/droit_com/index_en.htm#inf
ractions

Details are also found in the Annual Report on Monitoring the application of
Community law:
http://europa.eu.int/eur-lex/en/com/rpt/2001/com2001_0309en01.html

I hope this helps!

Kind regards