Dear Colleagues,

I have been told that EUR-OP is to withdraw its credit card online ordering
facility at the end of this year. At present this facility is supported by
the EUR-OP Online Search service (sometimes called Catdiff) which offers a
searchable online catalogue of all EUR-OP's priced and free publications
(http://online.eur-op.eu.int). Since this catalogue is clearly intended to
encourage online ordering, it seems possible that its continued public
availability is also under threat, although I have no specific information
on that.  It appears that EUR-OP has made no effort to promote or publicise
its online search catalogue, so it would not be surprising if it suddenly
disappeared without warning.

If you currently make use of EUR-OP Online Search, and find it a valuable
resource, this might be a good time to make representations to EUR-OP in
order to ensure that it continues to be available.  The person to contact at
EUR-OP is the Head of Dissemination, Jacobus Doggen (Fax: +352 2929 42763;
E-mail: [log in to unmask]).

It does seem curious, by the way, that EUR-OP should withdraw its online
ordering facility at a time when the Commission is doing its utmost to
promote e-commerce! But I suppose such contradictory messages emanating from
EU institutions are nothing new.

Regards,

Chris Lamb