On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Wagner,Harry wrote:
> > Excellent; I see they are there already.  However, the
> > document versioning
> > style used is inconsistent between the linked pair
> >
> >         http://dublincore.org/groups/registry/scope-20011108.shtml
> >         http://dublincore.org/groups/registry/scope.shtml
> >
> > and the linked pair (for example)
> >
> >         http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/03/09/dcmi-namespace/
> >         http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-namespace/
> >
> > My suggestion is to adopt a uniform style of versioning such documents
> > for the entire DCMI Web site.
>
> Tom,
> I agree that we should have a common approach to versioning.  The
> differences here must be fairly slight since these were all based on the
> namespace doc.

Not sure what you are saying...?  My suggestion has to do with the form
of the identifier: http://dublincore.org/foobar/xxxx/xx/xx/yyyyyyy/
as opposed to      http://dublincore.org/foobar/yyyyyyy-xxxxxxxx.shtml

> Does this discussion belong in the Registry WG?

Not sure where it belongs...

Tom

Dr. Thomas Baker                                            [log in to unmask]
Birlinghoven Library, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
Institutszentrum Schloss Birlinghoven                          +49-2241-14-2352
53754 Sankt Augustin, Germany                              fax +49-2241-14-2619