We (Sussex) have recently had a circular around which reads somehting like...
Nubain is no longer available - we are looking into alternatives such as
Tramadol
JRCALC recommend that - Entonox is the alternative. para quote for the
circular.

When I questioned the role of Morphine with the training dept it fell on deaf
ears as the excuses started mumbling through, such as "its on the drugs list
but the local paramedical advisory group are not recommending it at this
stage".

I don't know much about medico legal aspects of this aspect of prescribing
but it does seem to me that we are not offering patients standard care.

Mike Bjarkoy