When put like that Mat, I think I see the point a
little more clearly. I always assumed that A/E was a
(safe) environment - if you've got the middle grades
on tap - for juniors to learn the bread and butter of
medical practice  - the decision making process.
House Jobs, I don't get the sense are addressing this
anymore.
Who decides who is and is not a "primary care"
problem? Who decides when a problem just isn't a
problem? I would say a switched on nurse but I'm sure
there are others who would disagree.
For the record I dont agree with A/E units employing
GPs to do only GP work. The SHO's need this kind of
training more than ever I think.
Iain