This is always in debate for those in non anaesthesiology posts.

In Australia it is deemed to be a reasonable standard of care to have  a
minimum of 4 months in anaesthetics and 12 months in ICU ( where lots of
arrests and crash intubations are required).

Like any clinical practice, the key is continueing exposure and keeping
skills maintained. How does anyone equate this to a number? or quality? of
airway exposures.

On a personal note....there is nothing quite as satisfying as seeing the
"pearly gates" knowing that your ETT is destined for entry into heaven!!!

I've had  a tough day!
So goodnight

Beth Christian,  Dublin